Mahmoud SelimIntegrity Technical Authority
Petroleum Development of Oman (PDO)
Mahmoud Selim is currently serving as the Integrity Technical Authority at PDO and is a prominent leader and figure in the organisation. Mahmoud has over 28 years of multidisciplinary experience in the area of integrity. He has developed / retrofitted Integrity, corrosion control and inspection/monitoring programs for several operation including Oil, Gas, waters and LNG plants. The current working with PDO Integrity & inspection department, much of his working experience related to the field integrity, corrosion control, RBI, material selection, cathodic protection, chloride Risk Rating (RR) and assets integrity management. Member of NACE since 1990.
9:30 AM Integrity assessment pipeline program and choosing the optimal cathodic protection system to enhance the reliability of pipeline facilities
One of the biggest questions corrosion and inspection experts face is regarding the failure of underground pipelines. A key challenge for operators, there is a need to mitigate the risks associated with pipeline operations. Along with, cathodic protection is perhaps the main area of interest for maximising integrity and requires a thorough strategy in order to mitigate corrosion
Attend the workshop to:
- Highlighting an effective corrosion inspection for better corrosion management
- Mitigating risk associated with pipeline operations
- Risk identification and assessment in the pipeline model
- Cathodic protection criteria for operational effectiveness: Criteria and elements involved
- Understanding how Chloride SCC occurs and the combination of conditions involved
- Analysing the kinds of materials available to mitigate SCC in assets for operators in Oman and the Middle East
- Discussing the challenges and design aspects in meeting accuracy and mitigation
- During this interactive panel discussion, attendees can get an opportunity to seek solutions and gain advice from leaders and experts to your specific corrosion challenges
- Display of images of corroded equipment and assets and understanding best practices and mitigating strategies operators have implemented
Awareness of new types of NDT solutions available for accurate and safe inspections. Discuss how remote inspections have paved the way for safer, non-destructive testing. Discuss the potential of shifting from classic NDT approaches to a more comprehensive inspection strategy, combining classic and modern inspection practices including drones and ROAVs.