Joseph AkanniSenior Mechanical Static Equipment Engineer
Joseph Akanni is currently a Senior Mechanical Static Equipment Engineer at Shell Nigeria. He is a Materials, Corrosion and Inspection Engineer and API 580 Certified Risk Based Inspection Professional with interest in ensuring and assuring asset integrity for oil and gas facilities. Working experience spans over 12 years, in engineering design, material selection, pipeline corrosion control, inspection discipline assurance and facilitating risk based inspection workshops. Presently working as Senior Mechanical Static Equipment Engineer with Shell Production Development Company (SPDC) Nigeria. Holds an Msc in Materials & Metallurgical Engineering from the University of Lagos, an alumni of the NACE International leadership Program, speaker at international conferences and registered with relevant local and international professional bodies.
Every industry has seen a significant shift of interest to remote and unmanned devices for various uses. The oil and gas industry is another industry adopting and in the process of adaptation to such technologies. Drones, for instance have been used for various functions in the oil and gas industry. Inspecting well bores, reservoirs, and hard to access pipes and equipment have been a fairly dangerous task for workforce. With such new technologies and solutions present, it paves the way for more efficient inspections and mitigations, which enhances the life of the asset.
Attend this workshop to:
• Gain understanding on the potential of unmanned devices in inspection related activities
• Understand cost analysis and returns on investments on unmanned devices and benefits in the long run
• Shed light on the broad horizons of unmanned devices and how it will help in efficient inspections and reduced risks
- Understanding how RBI is an accessible tools at a time of lower oil prices and ever changing harsh environments
- Analysing the advantages and benefits of adopting to RBI to avoid cracks and leaks cause due to corrosion and conditions
- Assessing technologies that operators have chosen to reduce inspection expenditure while effectively carrying out inspection on assets in current low price environments
Discuss the importance of focusing heavily on the classic and most common corrosion, every operator faces, i.e. Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI). Emphasise on how inspections for CUI and effective interpretation can lead to reduced risks and chances of incidents or failures and can substantially reduce maintenance costs in maintaining assets under insulation and in deep waters.